Welcome to my blog

I hope you enjoy reading the exciting events that are happening in my crazy life as a mom

Lindseth Family 2009

Lindseth Family 2009

Van Ry Family 2010

Van Ry Family 2010

Friday, December 12, 2008

The Day the Christmas Tree went crazy

Well it actually didn't go crazy, but the title sounded good.

So this morning right after Kirk left for work and I was getting the kids breakfast William said "Mom the Christmas tree is leaning" I thought OK maybe it isn't leaning to bad because Kirk and I just talked about fixing the tree because it had been leaning a little bit. I walk into the living room and saw this
and this




and this


So what did I do, I called Kirk and told him to turn around and come home so he could fix it. But he told me that he couldn't, he told me to drag it over to the front entryway and he would fix it tonight when he gets home. I didn't want to wait that long so I called for reinforcements. Luckily My sweet sister in law Katie was able to jump in her car and run over really quick.
So I was able to cut off some limbs from the bottom of the tree to make it stand straight up again


So I'll let Kirk deal with getting the lights off of the branches I cut when he gets home(that can be his contribution) Luckily I didn't panic too much right?

Oh the joys of the holiday season.

Merry Christmas everyone!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

No, you didn't panic at all! I am proud of you Sweetie! Merry Christmas!

Los Alexander said...

You are so funny! Panic? that's the only word I thought about while reading this post...I thought one of the kids had something to do with this...luckily for them...no!
A real Christmas tree! You are lucky. Enjoy it- now that is perfectly straight.

Kathleen said...

the title did fit the post. unreal! it reminded me of "a christmas story" when the dad was the only one who thought that the tree wasn't crooked. way to be resourceful though and keep it cool!

Rebecca said...

You don't have a cat to leave you a present under the tree. It was likely Reilly's killer tail swipe that did it in. I have actually tied a tree to the wall to keep it from tipping over.